Wednesday, April 13, 2011

4/13/11 Teething and what not

  The past few days have been kinda rough, the boy is teething and not enjoying it a whole lot. Who could blame him?  I get irritable at the slightest sign of tooth pain. As he is sitting here looking at me with his puffy little red eyes i cant help but realize he is 5 months old already... where has the time gone?

  His First 2 months of life were spent crying due to colic, which you can imagine were just lovely. I had heard the horror stories of colicy babies but never considered that my little bundle of joy would  end up being a little bundle of screams. I would search the internet while he was sleeping for ways to help him and I
 cope with this "colic", it turns out that no one really knows what causes it or how to fix it... The Doctor we see  pretty much said deal with it. With experimenting with different formulas we found something that helped baby cakes a lot. Nutramigen by enfamil works pretty well for him. unfortunantly it is not kind to our wallets.

  So by Asher's 4th month he seems to have conqured the colic and he is a happy bouncing baby boy  who has the sweetest laugh. I've never heard laughter that was so contagious before, he rambles on in baby lingo and is learning to sit up pretty well on his own. I keep telling him not to grow up so fast but he just wont listen, ( i guess it would help if he could understand what i was saying,, comprehend the idea of anti-aging and actually agree to being a tiny baby for ever... which is a lot to ask someone). At the end of his 4th month the teething begins....( insert ominous music here)

  I know of a few things to help ease the pain of teething, cold teething rings, wet wash cloths, anything baby can chew on pretty much, baby origel, and baby pain releavers, good old fashion cuddle time and sleep, but this little boy has just been miserable and there really isnt anything i can do for him and that drives me nuts. I hope his discomfort passes with haste... i better get as many pictures of his toohtless grin while i can.

No comments:

Post a Comment